Flounder gigging down here in Rockport and Port Aransas continues to be very good despite the flounder run being over. Lots of flounder still being gigged far back in the bays. As the water warms the flounder gigging will just better and better. Whats even nicer is there is very few boats out but that will soon change down here as crowds start to pack the beaches of Port Aransas and Rockport, but enought of the tourist talks. Its been amazing how many flounder have stayed in the bays this winter at some time its been very hot action gigging 30 fish in 2 hours which is impresive any time of the year. Its no wonder south Texas is the hotspot for those that love to gig flounder. Where else can on go go and gig those flatties year round. The waters and bays of Rockport, Port Aransas, and Corpus Christiare just flat out amazing. Its very rare I dont jave clients that dont limit out. I often get asked when is the best month to go and its always a question i cant answer because I really dont think there is a bad month to go. Every month its limits of flounder with the clients even in the middle of January. If you decide to go gigging on foot with a flounder light any where between Aransas Pass and Port Aransas has been holding fish. Just dont expect to limit on foot because you cant cover near the amount of ground as a lounder gigging guide can woth a flounder boat. But wethier you decide to hire a flounder guide or not flounder gigging is just flat out fun no matter how you do it.

Captain James Parbst
Noctrnal Assault Flounder Gigging Guide Service
http://nocturnalassault.com
For the latest flounder gogging reports please visit my facebook page from my website.
[/img][/youtube]

Posted Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:21 am

TX Fish Finder

Social Links