Sunday March 12 - Fished a half day with some local yokels who just bought a house. We started the morning with an 18 Lb blue and new personal best and then moved on through a nice mess of box fish.

Monday - Cancelled todays trip due to high winds and the cold front and rescheduled for another day.

Tuesday - Advised to reschedule but they wanted to fish so we went on and it was a very tough day as I expected. Couldn't buy a bite in many places and when we tried to fish deep water the white bass would eat us alive, ended the day with a handful of fish.

Wednesday - Brice and Debra joined me for a half day and the fish decided to fire back up again. Got both clients on new personal bests and ended up sending them home with 19 lbs of fillets on a half day trip. Had both boats on the water today.

Friday - Stan and Hunter joined me for Hunter's first fishing trip and we loaded the boat with channel catfish and some blue catfish as well. We were fishing for blues but channel catfish were thick all day. Everyone in the boat ended the day with new personal bests. Stan and Hunter ended up with 15 lbs of fillets in a quick half day trip. Both boats on the water today and all ended up with good numbers.

Saturday - Took the day off and let the tourney boys have it for the day. Spent the day making bait and editing videos for www.learntocatchcatfish.com

Sunday - The Evans family joined me for a day of fishing today. They boys are in a rock band and drove from Colorado down to Amarillo to play a show Saturday and drove in from Amarillo last night. We started the morning with a personal best of 15 lbs and it went wild from there. We caught and released well over 50 and landed multiple fish over 15 lbs. I was joking that the girls always catch the biggest fish and seconds later Mrs. Evans landed a 22 lb blue catfish (after me doing some fancy maneuvering to get it free from the boat motor, anchor pole and the anchor all three). Everyone in the boat walked away with a personal best and we hooked a monster gar as well that made for some excitement.

The boys father recently passed away so at the end of the trip we said a prayer and spread his ashes in the north end of Eagle Mountain Lake.

I am down to a couple of weekend dates for April and early May and fishing will only get better from here. For rates and information go to www.txcatfishguide.com or call 817-522-3804

Shot a ton of videos this week and some photos as well but there is going to be a lot of editing involved with all and I am beat. Here are a couple of pictures of some of the bigger fish that I could edit quickly.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/catfishing/5544599579/]
[/url]
evans_march_20_2011_3_4 by LearnToCatchCatfish.com, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/catfishing/5544599595/]
[/url]
102_0146_r by LearnToCatchCatfish.com, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/catfishing/5545178386/]
[/url]
evans_march_20_2011_9_r by LearnToCatchCatfish.com, on Flickr

Posted Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:19 pm

TX Fish Finder

Social Links